Re: port 2967 TCP

patrick wrote:

In news:JcKdnTF9ZqdyWjjYnZ2dnUVZ_r-onZ2d@xxxxxxx, responder
<no@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Among the newer trash traffic in my logs is port 2967 TCP traffic.
The internet address will change as this page is archived. This is an
expansion of the issue raised above. Look for it by searching "port
2968"

So, which port *is* it ... 2967 or 2968?

"Port 2968 update - Same as 2967 ever was"

http://isc.sans.org/diary.html

Sans has posted an update on exactly this question.

I would observe that if you run *nix on a system that dual boots to a win
system, if the win system is compromised, the *nix *might* also be at
risk. Also if you run a LAN with mixed population of OS's, same thing.

As before, the URL above will change when the page is archived. So
searching for the exact title as quoted above, you can still find it.

  • PRISM2 Chipsets
    ... I'm looking for datasheets for the chipset listed in the subject line. ... I've tried searching for on Intersil's site but come up with nix. ... Webpage: http://wing.ucc.asn.au ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Reinstalling grub?
    ... Nix wrote: ... hierarchy of pages (something that would have been a good idea for "Web ... I guess you'd have to manage to navigate your way around 'info info' to work out how to do it though! ... Searching doesn't help you if you don't know what you're searching for. ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: What addresses to put on my NEW black list?
    ... I know searching around on shoutcast.com most of the streaming ... stations use 8000+ for a port number so that is a good start. ... most p2p file sharing apps as well as the streaming sites. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: 2007 Search Not Working
    ... Seem to have a problem with searching using WSS 2007. ... Admin Site is running on port 60000. ... Have you created a Shared Services Provider? ...
  • Re: How to access correctly serial port inside module?
    ... after searching the mailing list and searching the web, ... know how to access correctly the serial port (in user space known as ...
    (Linux-Kernel)