Most secure web server

Hi!

Does anyone have any advice in choosing the most secure web server
possible? Apache is often used, but has many features which are not
needed. Being heavy-weight is more likely to introduce exploits. What
do you think of any alternatives to apache or am I wrong to think this
about Apache?

Thanks!
Geoff

  • Re: Most secure web server
    ... Apache is often used, but has many features which are not ... Being heavy-weight is more likely to introduce exploits. ... and a server socket. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Most secure web server
    ... Apache is often used, but has many features ... and a server socket (maybe a few more ... and don't load modules for features you don't need. ... You're talking about security and PHP in the same paragraph, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Apache suEXEC privilege elevation / information disclosure
    ... for doing this features in httpd.conf you can use *AllowOverride None* instead ... suEXEC is installed on many hosting providers. ... tough standart apache httpd does not have ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Linux web server - dedicated builds/distros
    ... find out what exactly is enabled, what features are supported, etc... ... etc) I wrote my own web server - at least I know exactly how it is working ... And that is excatly why I use Apache on also the simple things. ... install php, drop the files in /srv/www/htdocs and I'm a happy camper. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Most secure web server
    ... Apache is often used, but has many features which are not ... Being heavy-weight is more likely to introduce exploits. ... don't load modules for features you don't need. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)