In comp.os.linux.security Tom Forsmo <spam@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Michael Heiming wrote:
In comp.os.linux.security Tom Forsmo <spam@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Michael Heiming wrote:
In comp.os.linux.security Tom Forsmo <spam@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Michael Heiming wrote:
In comp.os.linux.security Tom Forsmo <spam@xxxxxxxxxx>:

[ Linux difficult? ]

No it isn't at all, you seem just not used to it enough.
[..]

simply put, that is why you probably are an expert linux sysadm and I am
an expert systems developer and not the other way around.

Indeed, you come quite some time across commercial software,
which isn't using the distro package format, without any
security, full of bugs and other floating mines...Of course sold
as the latest and greatest stuff even if it depends on a bunch of
compatibility packages no OSS stuff requiers...

This is what happens if marketing drives release changes and
demands features...

You are making general comments about a subject that is not relevant to
my question. Further on, the statement I made is taken out of context
and can not be taken to mean I dont care about other things, when
developing systems, than getting it done.

I don't know and who cares, if you dislike comments to you
contributions simply killfile the poster or just stop asking
usenet, it is that easy. ;-)

mail: echo zvpunry@xxxxxxxxxx | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
#bofh excuse 54: Evil dogs hypnotised the night shift

  • Re: security setup without firewall?
    ... an expert systems developer and not the other way around. ... which isn't using the distro package format, ... security, full of bugs and other floating mines...Of course sold ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: security setup without firewall?
    ... [Linux difficult? ... an expert systems developer and not the other way around. ... Indeed, you come quite some time across commercial software, ... which isn't using the distro package format, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)