Re: security setup without firewall?

In comp.os.linux.security Tom Forsmo <spam@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Michael Heiming wrote:
In comp.os.linux.security Tom Forsmo <spam@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Michael Heiming wrote:
In comp.os.linux.security Tom Forsmo <spam@xxxxxxxxxx>:

[ Linux difficult? ]

No it isn't at all, you seem just not used to it enough.
[..]

simply put, that is why you probably are an expert linux sysadm and I am
an expert systems developer and not the other way around.

Indeed, you come quite some time across commercial software,
which isn't using the distro package format, without any
security, full of bugs and other floating mines...Of course sold
as the latest and greatest stuff even if it depends on a bunch of
compatibility packages no OSS stuff requiers...

This is what happens if marketing drives release changes and
demands features...

Good luck

mail: echo zvpunry@xxxxxxxxxx | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
#bofh excuse 53: Little hamster in running wheel had coronary;
waiting for replacement to be Fedexed from Wyoming

  • Re: security setup without firewall?
    ... an expert systems developer and not the other way around. ... which isn't using the distro package format, ... security, full of bugs and other floating mines...Of course sold ... and can not be taken to mean I dont care about other things, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)