Re: Alternate login system

Ethan Trewhitt wrote:
I am working on a photo archive system for my school newspaper. I would
like to offer users the ability to upload files via SCP, but I don't
want people to have full shell access, nor access to the files of other
users.

did you know rbash ( Restricted Shell )

  • Re: Howto deny a sftp connection
    ... > but that they cannot transfer files from that server. ... If you're allowing shell access then it's basically impossible to stop ... > Thats why I want to stop and deny all sftp and scp connections. ... the sftp subsystem is easily to stop by editing the sshd_config. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Utility to copy to ftp
    ... > shell scripts, that will allow me to upload files to an FTP server. ... and the ability to specify multiple files to ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: Utility to copy to ftp
    ... > shell scripts, that will allow me to upload files to an FTP server. ... and the ability to specify multiple files to ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Changing file name
    ... Hey all! ... I have a site which allows users the ability to upload files by the ... HTML brows button control. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Utility to copy to ftp