iptables: how to redirect VNC port to an external IP

Hi to all,

I would like to redirect the VNC port to another PC which has a PUBLIC
IP address and it does not belong to my network; herewith an example:

My PC where I'm running iptables:
The PC where runs VNC: 80:56:192:175

both of them are public address.

I would like that when I try to connect by VNC to the IP,
iptables redirect the connection to the PC with the IP 80:56:192:175.

I tryed the following settings:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -d --dport 5900 -j
DNAT --to 80:56:192:175:5900

It doesn't work because probably I'm trying to use the NAT for and
"external" connection, I tryed also the option REDIRECT, but with this
one, I can just redirect port for the same IP.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Connecntion Manager x DBSERVERALIASES
    ... They appear be capable to identify listeners of localhost and not try do ... But about not redirect to services / network what the client ins't ... I execute a new test here, where I have a serveralias/service specific ... I got a issue here to configure the Connection Manager over a HDR ...
  • RE: Running RDP on New Laptop will not redirect Printer, What to do?
    ... I wiped the OS on the laptop and reinstalled it. ... Once it was capable of connection to the WAN, I launched the RDP client I ... refer to as "Cathie" it still would not redirect the printer. ...
  • RE: Strange question on .NET and Oracle connection
    ... You can also declaratively set up an error redirect in web.config, ... will not allow you to weed out SQL connection issues. ... > Since our production and development database server are the same I am using ... > So, once I unplug the network jack, the very first request should be ...
  • Re: POE and Port Redirection
    ... If i have 100 concurrent connection to do this job. ... >> The client will create many session on the same port on the Server. ... >> redirect, but I am at a loss from where to from here. ... > # The forwarder is actually starting. ...
  • Re: Session variables work for IE--but not Mozilla
    ... Why are you getting a 303 redirect? ... Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate ... Connection: keep-alive ... Referer: http://www.thelogconnection.com/pricequote.php?plan=Edgewood ...