Re: NSA wiretap, Friday night

Barton L. Phillips wrote:

responder wrote:

Even in this article, what is _not_ said, what is glossed over, is that
there is no oversight. The program has been judged illegal and
unconstitutional and yet continues.

Even in this article, what is _not_ said, what is glossed over, is that
all (_*all*_) communications within the US, or that pass through US hubs
*might* be monitored, tapped, recorded, or *modified*. That includes all
commercial, personal or political communications.
That is the really big problem, "no oversight". The government says
there can't be oversight because that would compromise security. If that
is not a catch 21 explanation I don't know what is. The Bush
administration is saying "trust me", and why shouldn't we have they ever
done anything to make us thing they are not the most trustworthy
people in all the world?

They say that the spying is only on information going in and out of the
country, but how is anyone to know if there is no oversight. That is why
this kind of activity should and previously did need a warrant. Their
approach is like the classic joke "I could tell you but then I would
have to kill you". Well they are killing us.

....and your *REALLY* think anti Net Neutrality is really about helping
business get better bandwidth???

http://www.savetheinternet.com/

Imhotep

  • Re: NSA wiretap, Friday night
    ... Barton L. Phillips wrote: ... there can't be oversight because that would compromise security. ... There was another thread about "Net Neutrality" was this ... well as monitor them... ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Top Secret Crypto 3.70