Re: need spam help

Cameron L. Spitzer wrote:
In article <rLIIg.3572$tU.1653@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Barton L. Phillips wrote:
Teergrubing isn't useful in fighting spam.
Years ago, before almost all spam was emitted from botnets,
it might have slowed some senders down. But now all it does
is consume your kernel resources.
The spammer sees no effect. The amount of spam delivered is
not measurably affected. Disconnect from spam sources as fast as
possible, don't get into prolonged sessions with them.
I looked up teergrubing on Wikipedia and when I saw it was teergrube (German for tar pit) I understood your comment. It is sometime funny that when we try to make a verb out of a German noun by adding ING the word no longer looks German and therefore has almost no meaning. I actually speak German but teergrubing just didn't push me into the German side of my brain.

I certainly agree that there is little use in prolonging a spam session! Dump it in the NULL can as soon as possible. Thanks

--
----------------
Barton L. Phillips

  • Re: need spam help
    ... Teergrubing isn't useful in fighting spam. ... that when we try to make a verb out of a German noun by adding ING the ... We're on Token Ring, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: OT:Individual.net news provider and todays spam!!
    ... ||| know it was the german news provider who released it. ... || to provide a working addy for a web sign-up then use one of those ...
    (uk.media.dvd)
  • Re: OT:Individual.net news provider and todays spam!!
    ... news service subscribers and release their email addresses to 3rd ... parties so they can spam us? ... Got one today from a German online betting place to my ... Tricky ...
    (uk.media.dvd)
  • Re: need spam help
    ... Years ago, before almost all spam was emitted from botnets, ... that when we try to make a verb out of a German noun by adding ING ... If a normal MTA is matched by accident nothing special happens. ... MTA connection counts on such a miserable use of an RBL? ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: OT:Individual.net news provider and todays spam!!
    ... > Tricky Dicky wrote: ... > ||| know it was the german news provider who released it. ...
    (uk.media.dvd)