Re: best distro for security

Thanks you all for these interesting suggestions.

Marco

softwarecommie@xxxxxxxxx ha scritto:

mikrotik.com has some really awesome looking embedded linux-based
RouterOS appliances. I have never used them, but What I have heard
sounds awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

If you want to make your own, I highly recommend OpenBSD. A while ago I
made a stateless firewall with an ancient PC using OpenBSD that worked
beautifully.

Marco wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to place a Linux-based pc to handle my internet connection,
getting it from the adls line and sourcing it to the pc on a
Windows-based net. It has to be placed as a "filter" in between the
internet and the Win computers. Which distro would you suggest me? Any
comments, tips, tricks on the way I should do that?

Thanks so much for youyr help,
Marco

  • Re: best distro for security
    ... RouterOS appliances. ... If you want to make your own, I highly recommend OpenBSD. ... I'd like to place a Linux-based pc to handle my internet connection, ... Windows-based net. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: [SLE] installed nvidia and lost internet connection
    ... Alle 19:35, giovedý 12 febbraio 2004, Wojtek Malinski ha scritto: ... > Yesterday I installed nvdia driver in 9.0 and lost ... > and my internet connection is broken. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: tv & internet
    ... Keith ha scritto: ... It's the first time i write on this newsgroup. ... I've an internet connection at 1 Mb but not TV. ...
    (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)