by itself...) and than add a more powerfull firewall software (not
another ditro, just a program) if needed?
I'd like to make some comparison before deciding what to keep, so on
the BSD side I'm now downloading FreeBSD, while on the Linux side I've
not yet decided (maybe Debian, ubuntu, Gentoo...), suggestion?

Thanks for helping,
Marco

Jesper H. wrote:
On 2006-08-08, Ertugrul Soeylemez wrote:
Now you just need to enable IP forwarding. Many distributions provide
simple facilities to do this, but at the low level, you would issue
the following command:

# echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

However, if your distribution provides such facilities, you should use
them, as otherwise you had to issue that command after each reboot.

Wouldn't it be better/cleaner to configure it in /etc/sysctl.conf?

--
|\_/| ,(Meow) Jesper H. <xyborx+usenet@xxxxxxxxx>
(^.^)

.