Re: Locating Linux security tools

In comp.os.linux.security Stachu 'Dozzie' K. <dozzie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On 21.07.2006, ISStudent <sockangel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Quote text you're replying. Give some context. It's not Google's forum
or something.

Good idea, to the OP:

Since you might be new to usenet, this is *NOT* a groups.google
forum, even if it looks like this to you, please quote context:

"Google Groups users please read - Howto reply properly"
http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=14213

I know that many distros have some tools built into them. I was
looking for one that may be a little more comprehensive, rather than
having to download and install many tools on my own.

And you'll be switching distros back and forth each time you find new
tool, right? It's not Windows. You can _customize_ your system instead
of _changing_ if it doesn't fit you.

Perhaps he doesn't want to install linux at all?

If I can save
myself sometime with a distro that has most and is not too difficult to
use, it would be helpful.

#define "not too difficult"
Is Debian difficult? Or maybe Slackware?

Perhaps it has to be like doze?

[..]

mail: echo zvpunry@xxxxxxxxxx | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
#bofh excuse 104: backup tape overwritten with copy of system
manager's favourite CD

  • Re: Biostar Motherboard inquiry
    ... My question is will I be able to install Linux (at least Ubuntu) on this PC? ... I have read on a forum that Linux can't be installed in Biostar mobo, ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)