Re: Somebody is keep trying to ssh into my systems, how can I stop that?

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 06:01:51 -0400, responder <no@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I thought someone told me that NSA had a copyright or a patent on the
algorithms used in RSA. But I might be mistaken. Or it could just be
hearsay. I'm sure I heard or read it several times. I do remember the
last person who mentioned it to me, but it still might not be true. Could
you possibly confirm or deny that, authoritatively?

The RSA patent (4,405,829, issued 1977.12.14) expired a
couple years ago, and never belonged to NSA.

I also thought that I had read that the US government had demanded and
received assurances that they would have "backdoors" or "trapdoors",
whatever the right term might be, to all cryptology or cryptography
available in the US. Do you have any information on that to share with us
all about that all, please?

The US government has no way to enforce a "backdoor" requirement
on open-source software like GPG and OpenSSL. Anybody in the US
can download the source from any site in the world, scrutinize it
for backdoors, publicize them, remove them, and recompile.