Re: Somebody is keep trying to ssh into my systems, how can I stop that?

Ertugrul Soeylemez wrote:

I'll keep it short, Matt, because I'm tired of this. You're talking
bullshit, and you've never done anything else on Usenet. By this I'm
closing our useless dialog, which unnecessarily fills this group with
crap.

Funny, I show how SSH has been venerable to attack in the past and you run
away, FIGURES. The FACT remains, SSH has indeed been vulnerable to outside
attack, the fact that your REFUSE to accept this and ADDRESS this issue
outright shows that you can not discuss security issues on RATIONAL terms.

--
Still waiting for a rational answer from Bittwister to this:
<nfqlo3-qds.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

  • Analysis of SSH crc32 compensation attack detector exploit
    ... Analysis of SSH crc32 compensation attack detector exploit ... detector vulnerability to remotely compromise a Red Hat Linux ... Active Internet connections (servers and established) ...
    (Incidents)
  • Patching 4.4-RELEASE against SSHv1 exploit
    ... an SSH exploit has been specifically tuned to attack machines running ... FreeBSD 4.x and certain versions of SSH. ... >detector vulnerability to remotely compromise a Red Hat Linux ... >used against systems running OpenSSH 2.1.1 servers which suffer from ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Possible DDos Network Creation with ssh crc exploit
    ... Possible DDos Network Creation with ssh crc exploit ... "SSH crc32 compensation attack detector exploit" ... At this point syslog stopped logging attack, ... I suspect someone is setting up a DDos network, ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: How do I stop bruteforce SSH login attempt?
    ... attackwith a bruteforce SSH login - e.g., ... Also 'man ssh_config' will give more information how to restrict ssh access ... # a limited number of packets to avoid a denial of service attack. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Blocking attacks from spoofed IP addresses
    ... IP addresses (making the consolidated attack appear to be coming from ... everybody else's ssh server. ... root logins and I disabled root logins through ssh, ... Disable password ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)