Re: How to set up an account lockout counter?

BAd idea. This allows anyone to lock out your users from your machines.
(Denial of Service attack). Far better to ensure that your users use good
passwords.

He asked for /temporary/ lockout... So I think, it is a good idea to
lock an account for example 15 minutes or so...

I think the mix of both would be a good idea...

--
Weil es die Lesbarkeit des Textes verschlechtert.
Warum ist TOFU so schlimm?

  • Re: Strong passwords and user locking?
    ... I've been asked to force our users to use strong passwords with user ... which in turn set the duration and Reset Account ... Lockout Counter After to 30 minutes. ... The policy is linked to my OU ...
  • Re: admin shares and security
    ... the computer is a domain computer and the domain policy has lockout enabled ... I used to think that admin shares shouldn't be a threat if the ... I have restricted guessing of passwords to five, ...
  • Re: Hacking Terminal Services
    ... As for passwords, people have at least 6 characters. ... lockout attempts set at 3 times with a auto reset of 30 min. ... Additionally I use group policy to prevent ... >> and when the close the program, the session closes as well. ...
  • Re: How to set up an account lockout counter?
    ... This allows anyone to lock out your users from your machines. ... (Denial of Service attack). ... insure good passwords. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)