Re: openVPN: no home network access

"Juergen Loewner" <JLoewner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:e6gru4$vsr$1
@news.citykom.de:

I have an openVPN network ready.
Got a connection from my mobile laptop.
(initialized. TAP Windows32 Adapter V8 connected)

I didn't get my Windows network visible from the road.

openVPN is on a Linux firewall pc.
This firewall is between my home network and the internet.

Has anybody a hint what could be wrong?

Could be all sorts of things.

Are you pushing the route for the home network out to the OpenVPN client?

In the OpenVPN server config, you need a line something like:

push "route 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0"

Also you will need Netfiler rules to allow the Windows networking protocol to
get through. If you are not using a WINS server then you may have trouble
with netbios name resolution on the remote client - you might have to add
entries to the windoze system32\drivers\etc\hosts file.

Klazmon.

Best
Juergen

  • Re: Cant see XP PC on network
    ... Right click Local Area Connection. ... Pull the power from the router. ... Computer Browser stating that the browser failed too many times to retreive ... Windows Network from all three pc's. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Peer-to-peer conn. problem
    ... with anEthernet cross-over using a realtek NIC on the XP. ... They both have a workgroup named MSHOME. ... On the tablet, under Explorer>MS Windows Network, there are entries for both PCs. ... I tried running NW Setup Wiz on HP but it wants an internet connection. ...
  • Re: Repair LAN connection
    ... Connection Sharing option in windows Network Connections folder? ... Or is it the Router Icon and DI604 description in Network Neighborhood ... Here is my question -- does the Internet Gateway have to be ...
  • Re: Configuring router for VPN passthrough
    ... and protocls will vary depending on what you're using. ... I'm too much of a naive user to know the answer to that one. ... The Laptop is set up using the Windows Network ... Connections>Make A New Connection Wizard>Connect to my Workplace. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Peer-to-peer conn. problem
    ... Sorry, I was a bit confused there, but now I'm back to the beginning with a lan ... connection with a TCP/IP of 192.168.0.1 and with a working Repair command. ... I tried running NW Setup Wiz on HP but it wants an internet connection. ... On the tablet, under Explorer>MS Windows Network, there are entries for both PCs. ...