Re: test post

matt_left_coast <not@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That assumes the poster HAS ACCESS to test groups. The server I post from
has no test groups.

The term for that would be "broken". Test groups are venerable and
well-established. Ignoring common practice because you can't or won't
or are too lazy or cheap or stupid to get a decent newsfeed does not
make you correct. It makes you a jackass.

There is also no RFC that requires a poster to post test
messages to "test" groups.

There's no rulebook for a lot of things in life. Again, ignoring
netiquette and then yelling about how there's no law about it does not
make you look any more correct.

Oh to have a lodge in some vast wilderness. Where rumors of oppression
and deceit, of unsuccessful and successful wars may never reach me
-- William Cowper