Re: What Would You Say to This?

My apologies. What I am trying to achieve is to delete the file
"DSC01245_0.thumbnail.jpg" from my system. It has permissions set
"?rwsrwSr-T" which do not allow ROOT to make any changes to it. It is
in a public web home. I am unsure how to proceed with removal of the
file, and would like to know if the permissions, owner/group
combination, or filesize (3.2gb) indicate something I should be more
concerned about than I already am.

The directory is /home/simon/www/files/images/temp/.

  • Re: NTFS file permissions
    ... write/read/ to the root volumes. ... permissions set. ... It has become a havoc as random users start putting their ... can I restrict users from writing/ creating to the root volume and at teh ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.file_system)
  • Re: Where do you put all your HTML stuff on a home Linux server?
    ... Messier with permissions if you want to edit HTML without becoming ... root all the time. ... permissions set up OK as it's not in your home directory. ... scripts or html editing apps that look in your home directory will be ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [SLE] adding a second hard drive
    ... Do you have the permissions set for the new drive? ... only root will be able to access it until you ... Registered Linux User #225206 ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address ...
    (SuSE)