Re: Comprimised Linux server!

"Tom" <tlarmon@xxxxxxxxx> said:
How should I port the sites over from backup when they are most likely
infected?

This will mean lost money from downtime due to customers, not to
mention the possiblity we might LOSE some customers if I need to take
their sites down....

How about losing customers after someone contacts them due to content
on their sites / due to their sites spreading malware?

Please, act to save your customers from being contacted. Be proactive;
have a customer rep contact your customers and explain the situation
and the consequences - and negotiate a deal.
--
Wolf a.k.a. Juha Laiho Espoo, Finland

  • Re: Comprimised Linux server!
    ... This will mean lost money from downtime due to customers, ... mention the possiblity we might LOSE some customers if I need to take ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Weekly maintenance
    ... Actually, it's about 3.6% downtime, which for most other networks out ... Now, granted, WoW isn't "most other networks," but don't go pretending ... i mean...how many go to the bank between 6pm ... great many customers still do business with the bank outside of those ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • PHP5 hosting - do not go with www.xtreme-webhosting.net
    ... They do not contact customers in regard to downtime, ... user, it's not worth it. ...
    (comp.lang.php)