Re: Funny Lines in Access_log
- From: "Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress" <dholtzNOSPAM@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:01:41 GMT
I set up a new CentOS server on a newer P4 chassis.
Thanks for the reply.
"Grant" <bugsplatter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 02:15:05 GMT, "Doug Holtz NOSPAM in adress"
I've been running a PPro 200 DEC server for a number of years. O/S is Red
Hast 7.3 with patches.
I have a couple of lines in my access_log for httpd i.e. CONNECT
It appears someone is trying to connect thru my machine to that server on
What is all this about? What will someone gain of they can get thru my
Proxy connection to services via your machine --> you get blamed for
bad stuff 'cos you acting as unwitting proxy. Bad.
Redhat 7.3 is well passed its use by date, perhaps an upgrade to some
less vulnerable distro?
Memory fault -- brain fried
- Prev by Date: Re: Comprimised Linux server!
- Next by Date: Re: Funny Lines in Access_log
- Previous by thread: Re: Funny Lines in Access_log
- Next by thread: Re: Funny Lines in Access_log