Re: Blockin msn?

Ertugrul Soeylemez wrote:

Are you trying to block by local port number? If yes, you will fail,
because it is chosen randomly (for every program).

This is I don't understand? How can something be chosen randomly for every
program? Ftp should use port 21 and since that is not allowed out it's
blocked and that works. Perhaps I missunderstand you?

To clarify it all I'm using a Slackware 10.2 computer as a firewall and
connection to internet and some of the clients are Windows XP and it's on
the Slack comp. that I would like to block all connections from and to
microsoft messenger, this since it's a very good source to get viruses and
such things in to the computers.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Not able to Ftp
    ... I was also looking at the missing challenge from the local security. ... Subject: Not able to Ftp ... 220 Connection will close if idle for more than 5 minutes. ... Search the archives at ...
  • Re: Not able to Ftp