Re: pop3 through ssh tunneling

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:12:46 +0100, Andre Lauw wrote:

Hi,
I've been looking around the net about how to setup my e-mail client so it
can grab my e-mail from my provider securely. My provider use pop3 and i
just want to know how to encrypt the communication between my machine and
the pop3 server. I've been trying to forwarding the pop3 port to localhost
but it wouldnt works, it seems that the pop server doesnt have ssh server
installed.

Your provider has to be set up to do this also. i.e. the ISP must be
running a SSH server.

  • Re: pop3 through ssh tunneling
    ... I've been looking around the net about how to setup my e-mail client so ... it can grab my e-mail from my provider securely. ... and the pop3 server. ... ssh server installed. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: DNS Name
    ... POP 3 provider? ... the MX record for mycompany.org points to our POP3 provider. ... ten employees and one POP3 for the extra 60 or so non-employees. ... accounts handled solely by the Exchange server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: mein exchange 2003 verschickt spam, warum ?
    ... nützt dir das nix weil der POP3 dann eine "550 User unknown" bekommt. ... Wenn du ein Sammelkonto bei einem Provider hast, dann könntest du relativ schnell viel Ärger bekommen, entweder mit deinen Anwendern oder mit dem Provider. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.exchange)
  • Re: Who to choose ? info please
    ... Business customer. ... Speed is not critical but a reliable provider is required ... POP3 and WWW) to go elsewhere for that, and look at getting your ADSL ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: pop3 through ssh tunneling
    ... I've been looking around the net about how to setup my e-mail client so ... it can grab my e-mail from my provider securely. ... machine and the pop3 server. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)