Re: Back-up media?

On 2006-02-02, Kevin the Drummer <nobody@xxxxxxx> wrote:

John Thompson <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No tape? You can get DLT-III or DLT-IV drives dirt cheap these days, and
they're as industrial-strength reliable as anything out there.

Where can I get DLT "dirt cheap"? Thanks...

I picked up a brand-new, still shrink-wrapped DLT-III drive on eBay last
year for US$30. I've also found used DLT-IV drives for ~US$50 there. I
currently use two DLT-III and two DLT-IV drives here.

--

John (john@xxxxxxxxxxx)

  • Re: How do I find equipment (drives of various types) for my 6-year-old Linux system?
    ... > backup to a DLT tape be, since I will be getting larger hard disks.) ... DLT comes in many denisties; the larger capacity, ... DLT-IV drives can read tapes written with DLT-III drives, ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Proof with audio for Sandman. New with audio!
    ... enclosure with the chipset and ordered a couple of 1 TB hard drives off ... eBay about 6 months ago... ... doesn't matter how I import the pictures, Aperture is slow. ... Besides, putting a HD in a FW enclosure doesn't require genius, as you ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: [Q]: StorEdge D1000
    ... it have an incompatible SCSI variant on its host side? ... You may have luck with eBay. ... I prefer to use Sun branded disks. ... for the 300GB drives. ...
    (comp.sys.sun.hardware)
  • Re: pricing of tapes
    ... 4mm DAT and Exabyte 8mm tapes typically cost about ... but $4 or less on eBay. ... I have an Exabyte 8200 which just started ... I'm talking about 5 drives going bad in about that many years. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware)
  • Re: Model 4D keyboard - FYI: Dealing with Computer News 80
    ... a couple of 3.5 drives. ... That day or the next day I went ahead and ordered the cables. ... he blocked me from his eBay store and sent the "vacation" responses. ... Now, assuming a profit of $50 per sale, that is $10,850. ...
    (comp.sys.tandy)