Re: telnet to ssh (port 22)

Carlos Moreno <moreno_at_mochima_dot_com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> SSH is not a Telnet protocol.  As such, you will never have success
> >> using Telnet for an SSH service.
>
> telnet (the application) is a *universal tcp client*, and as such,
> it can succesfully establish a "raw" connection to any server, any
> service (provided that it is tcp-based).
>
> Whether or not the user is able to transmit the right data and
> interpret the incoming data for the connection to be maintained,
> that's a different story.

Hehehe.

"Sure, Bob, you /can/ telnet to port 22, but as we use DSA & Blowfish,
you've gotta be *real good* at mental arithmetic for it to work"

rgds, Alan
--
99 Ducati 748BP, 95 Ducati 600SS, 81 Guzzi Monza, 74 MV Agusta 350
"Ride to Work, Work to Ride" SI# 7.067 DoD#1930 PGP Key 0xBDED56C5

  • Re: telnet to ssh (port 22)
    ... you will never have success ... >>> using Telnet for an SSH service. ... Netcat is the debugging tool to use in this case. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: telnet to ssh (port 22)
    ... you will never have success ... >>> using Telnet for an SSH service. ... non-raw features like Telnet negotiation and terminal escape codes, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: telnet to ssh (port 22)
    ... you will never have success ... >> using Telnet for an SSH service. ... Netcat is the debugging tool to use in this case. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Eisner is down...
    ... I tried to ssh with no success and TELNET connects but there's no login. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: RHEL4 + SSH
    ... I know the diff between SSH and Telnet ... I m using telnet to port 22 to check if the SSH service is alive or ...
    (RedHat)