Re: Failed login with Red Hat ES4

On 26 Jan 2006 04:39:27 -0800, RHES4user
<pierpaolo.giordani@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> yesterday I had these issues:
> 1) When I tried to login with a console, after password insertion I had
> no prompt
> 2) Login with Xwindow failed with an empty screen (only cursor and blue
> background)
> However, access with ssh was granted.
> Today ssh failed too.
> A restart of the system drives to a crash at the beginning of
> interactive startup.
> My system is a http server with mySQL and ssh.
> Anyone can help me?
> Thank you

Try to boot in single user mode (the grub menu should have an entry for
"single user" or "recovery" mode, or you might have to press "e" and
add "single" to the kernel line.) If that doesn't work, try a rescue
disk.

--
Democracy is the worst form of government except all those other
forms that have been tried from time to time.

  • Failed login with Red Hat ES4
    ... When I tried to login with a console, ... access with ssh was granted. ... A restart of the system drives to a crash at the beginning of ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: SSH login automation, get stuck at the last step.
    ... The ssh server that I am copying the public key to is not a typical ... The user "root" to login this box can not access the ... puts stderr "EXP username requested and sent " ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • SUMMARY: how to set correct path?
    ... ven if we login with ssh. ... For BASH login shell, place the system wide ENV variables, such as PATH, ... You can set Use_login in the sshd_config to yes and restart sshd. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: broken ssh
    ... The password works to login to the system directly. ... I've tried loogging in from the command line: "ssh ... Make sure that your home router port forwards port 22 ... Now try to ssh to the target computer locally (i.e., from itself, while ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Login broken and rc.conf variables suddenly invalid after kernel/world upgrade (?!?!)
    ... Garrett Cooper wrote: ... now it appears that my system is screwed up, due to bash. ... single user mode, but every single time I login it complains about ...
    (freebsd-questions)