Re: Guarddog blocking packets in the same zone

The Linksys is plugged in behind the Linux box into one of the ports on
my switch. It is assigned a NATed address on the 0.0 network. The
wireless network on the Linksys is 1.0:

Internet---->Cable modem-->Linux box-->16 port switch-->Linksys

It's not a routing issue as from the Linux box I can access both
networks. I can access the Linux box from the wireless network. I just
can access the LAN from the WIRELESS and vice versa with Guarddog on.
When I turn off the firewall everything works 100% as it should. Since
the Linksys is connected to the same switch as the LAN PC's, one would
think it should work but since they are on different networks, the
packets must be routed via the Linux box and I think that is where
Guarddog is having a problem.

I may be 100% incorrect here though...

Todd

  • Re: Guarddog blocking packets in the same zone
    ... > The Linksys is plugged in behind the Linux box into one of the ports on ... > the Linksys is connected to the same switch as the LAN PC's, ... Which port on the Linksys are you connecting to the switch? ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Basic Linux Network configuration
    ... Linux, like all other OSs, must have their Network ... devices to access the internet such as Linksys, ... "Expert configuration" and, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: High end network routing,
    ... > Layer 3 routing but they will share the VLAN segments. ... Enterprise Linux due to the longer life of the OS. ... A consultant trying to sell me a $17k Foundry switch is ... > $17k on a new switch right now but I need to revive a failing network. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: problem printing on fc3 via network
    ... I can not se each other on the network ... > add folders to the winxp pc from either linux boxes but the winxp can ... it's not clear where the printer is connected -- to the Linksys ... router, to one of the Linux boxes, or to the Windows box. ...
    (linux.redhat.misc)
  • Re: Help with Router
    ... I just setup a small home network using a Linksys ... router and spare me bashing my head any longer. ... since the Linux machine is pretty well always started first, ...
    (Debian-User)