Re: md5 collision

Unruh wrote:

> matt_left_coast <not@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>>Unruh wrote:

>>> No. The two files can contain some random parts, but that can be hidden
>>> in many file formats. Ie, it is easy to create two different word files
>>> which have some random junk in the file area which is not used by word
>>> to create the text such that the two files have the same md5 hash.
>>>

>>In other words, two meaningless files. There is no reason to do this other
>>than to prove it can be done.

>>> No it is not. It is now easy for a crook to have you give you one
>>> document, and then produce another with entirely different text but with
>>> exactly the same MD5 hash which is what he claims he signed.
>
>>But you said " One cannot create a second file with the same md5 hash as
>>a given file." Here you are saying it would be EASY! Get your stories
>>straight.
>
> GEt your reading straight. I said you cannot create a second file with the
> same md5 hash as a GIVEN file. What is easy is to create two files with
> the same md5 hash.
> He gives you one, but uses the other.

Nope, you stated that he gives me the file "and then produce another".
Re-read what you said. The way you wrote it he produces the second file
AFTER he gave me the first. Get your facts straight.

A comparison of the two prove fraud, not smart.

  • Re: md5 collision
    ... >> to be asserting that Unruh should support that claim by ... >Are the two files useful for ANYTHING? ... it is easy to create two different word files which ... MD5 hash which is what he claims he signed. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: md5 collision
    ... Unruh wrote: ... >>> detailing how to do something. ... It is a meaningless exercise in mental masturbation. ... > exactly the same MD5 hash which is what he claims he signed. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: md5 collision
    ... There is no reason to do this other ... >> GEt your reading straight. ... >> same md5 hash as a GIVEN file. ... The way you wrote it he produces the second file ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: md5 collision
    ... >| same md5 hash as a given file. ... other "I agree to pay you $1000" afterwards, ... and that junk could be hidden in the huge amount to junk that Word for ... >| One cannot create a second file with the same md5 hash as a given ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: md5 collision
    ... >>| same md5 hash as a given file. ... >>| One cannot create a second file with the same md5 hash as a given ... it has been found out that it is relatively easy (or at least ... >If you just have the md5 hash, it is still relatively hard to generate ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)