Re: overcome NIS

Jan Pompe wrote:

> You are a poor logician. "It was not designed to run without a
> firewall" is logically equivalent to "it was designed to run with a
> firewall" it's quite irrelevent whether it was specifically done that
> way or not.

No, it is NOT. What you are saying does not even make sense.

"Not designed" Could mean total lack of any design regarding the issue.
Something could "not designed to run without a firewall" without ANY intent
to design it to run WITH a firewall.

Is:

My car was not designed to run without a iceberg.

equivalent to:

My car was designed to run with a iceberg?

No. Wether or not my car would require an iceberg was not even a design
consideration. So it was NOT _designed_ to run with OR without an iceberg.
It was not designed or designed to run with an iceberg because an iceberg
was not even considered in the design. In short, there was a total lack or
design when it comes to running my car with an iceberg.

Because there was no consideration of icebergs in the design, my car was not
explicitly designed to run without an iceberg. There was no reason to
consider icebergs in the design so NO design was included to account for
icebergs one way or the other.

Are you really that stupid?

  • Re: What Should a Chinese Car Look Like?
    ... What Should a Chinese Car Look Like? ... THE main language spoken at the Shanghai auto show is Chinese, ... to have a lasting effect on global automotive design. ...
    (soc.culture.china)
  • Re: Open architecture automobiles
    ... >> machine by the functional design specs of the parts. ... So, how many kinds of car do we actually need, ... > which we may select our version of optimum? ... cost, functionality, status, life, reliability, maintenance costs, etc. ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: news of the week
    ... And as market leader, that company does not have the time to listen to ... Great, you want to use most often used options into the context menu, ... That's also the kind of reason why my last car was an Accord not a Camry ... didn't design the website for me. ...
    (rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons)
  • Re: Warning: 10.4.3 Preview app. Hang on to the old one!
    ... >>> get rid of it and get your old car back? ... why are the most expensive violins those that were made ... > That is, the design and construction of violins ... Several key parts of guitar design and build borrowed ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Warning: 10.4.3 Preview app. Hang on to the old one!
    ... get rid of it and get your old car back? ... That is, the design and construction of violins has been so well tuned over the many years that it is harder and harder to improve upon the basic design any further. ... Several key parts of guitar design and build borrowed from other instruments have been radically modified over the last 100 years or so, and is still under a fair amount of change even today. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)