Re: overcome NIS

Jan Pompe wrote:

>> Eh? show some proof that it was designed SPECIFICALLY to run behind a
>> firewall!!!
>
> It's not designed to run without one and that is logically equivalent.

BULL SHIT. Are you making this up as you go along? You EXPLICLY stated that
it was designed to run behind a firewall. Your statement is FALSE, PERIOD.
Just how stupid are you.

  • Re: overcome NIS
    ... >> Jan Pompe wrote: ... >> intent to design it to run WITH a firewall. ... Lets say I designed a network device that only only count packets it ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Please enable firewalls by default on Linux distributions
    ... > having a firewall does not help if the user is stupid enough. ... It helps a little if their stupid enough to leave it on. ... OS'es and routers come with security installed to prevent users from ... Kindof short-sighted. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: (more) firewall advice please?
    ... and I don't encourage 3rd party software. ... Otherwise, if you aren't stupid, ... Norton Personal Firewall can prevent any and all ... pop-ups and ads by both preventing certain sites or all sites from using ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: firewall test and NAT
    ... The reason I say ignorant is the main targets of the ... standardized decient antivirus, software firewall, and a *real* ... malware has just got to be stupid, at least for the most part. ... Install a firewall that allows content filtering - block EXE, DLL, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: three solutions for one Linux box
    ... Define "safe". ... although there is an external firewall allowing NAT access out (but ... What is your Linux distribution supposed to be doing? ... as a server for many applications (which is an incredibly stupid idea). ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)