Re: md5 collision

Unruh wrote:

> In the first case neither of the two files is known
> beforehand. In the second one is.

When dealing with the first case, you create the first of the two files,
then the file IS known. Then you would be dealing with the second case.
Unless you create both files at the same time, there is no way the first
case can happen. You will always have a known file after the creation of
the first file and only the second case would be applicable after the
creation of the first file.

  • Re: md5 collision
    ... >> beforehand. ... Then you would be dealing with the second case. ... >creation of the first file. ... Eg, lets say you take the MD5 of the first file and place that byte at the end of the second, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: md5 collision
    ... Then you would be dealing with the second case. ... Unruh appears to be claiming that ... to a given hash, it's up to him to specify how. ... does *not* produce a preimage for a given hash, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: function not defined
    ... "cleys" writes: ... You do not need math.abswhen dealing with integers you know ... beforehand to be positive. ... You have a strange number of braces, leading me to conclue the error ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Petty, petty, petty.
    ... to choose' is the right to say 'no' beforehand. ... I always refuse to state my views or really to even have any views that ... the ones who know what they're dealing with. ... Richard Robinson ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: Passing a (Generic) Stack by Reference
    ... of C++ coding), just not sure how to tell beforehand if it would ... You just need to know whether you're dealing with a reference type (a ...