Re: Security book recommendations?

From: DM (dont_spam_me_at_reply_to_group.instead)
Date: 11/16/05

Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:03:31 -0500

news@celticbear.com wrote:
> Took a look at B&N for some Linux security books, and was hoping to get
> some recommendations from actual users.
> Can anyone offer any advice on the following, or recommend a different
> one you think is better?
>
> Linux Security Cookbook (O'Reilly)
> Linux Server Security (O'Reilly)
> Hardening Linux (Turnball)
>
> I'm a little uncertain about that last one. Evidently it doesn't cover
> Apache or mySQL security, and I'd kind of like to have something that
> does, at least a little.
>
> Any feedback would be really appreciated!
> Liam

The Craig Hunt Library series is very good - very *practical*.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Security book recommendations?
    ... > Took a look at B&N for some Linux security books, ... > some recommendations from actual users. ... The Craig Hunt Library series is very good - very *practical*. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Security book recommendations?
    ... Took a look at B&N for some Linux security books, ... some recommendations from actual users. ... Can anyone offer any advice on the following, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Security book recommendations?
    ... Took a look at B&N for some Linux security books, ... some recommendations from actual users. ... Can anyone offer any advice on the following, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)