Re: can someone please help with telnet ???

From: Keith Keller (kkeller-usenet_at_wombat.san-francisco.ca.us)
Date: 11/02/05

    Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:57:54 -0800

    On 2005-11-02, dorantes@mac.com <dorantes@mac.com> wrote:
    > I'm trying to limit telnet access to a server to one i.p. address, can
    > someone help with this ?
    > Am I able to use the /etc/hosts.allow & /etc/hosts.deny files for this
    > the same as I would the sshd ?

    It depends: which telnetd; standalone, from inetd, or from xinetd;
    what's in the config files, if from inetd or xinetd; and which if any
    have been compiled with tcpwrapper support?

    The obligatory question for cols: Why do you need telnetd support? Can
    you use sshd or some other service instead?

    --keith

    (try just my userid to email me)