Re: Annoying login attempts on ssh port

From: ynotssor (ynotssor_at_example.net)
Date: 10/12/05

Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:51:08 -0700

"Unruh" <unruh-spam@physics.ubc.ca> wrote in message
news:dihl4o$b2q$2@nntp.itservices.ubc.ca

>>> You could try emailing 210.196.76.205 to let them know that their
>>> machine has been subverted.
>
>> Who would you e-mail? What e-mail address should you use?
>
> Well I would first try looking them up on whois
> (That addess is owned by something called Rainbow Soft Corporation
> apparently in Japan)
>
> Then I would try to find their address eg from google.
> (Rainbow Soft Corp makes games for the old Nintendo Entertainment
> system.) and look for a web reply address and complain to them.

$ echo 210.196.76.205 | jdresolve -r -n -
210.196.76.205.dion.ne.jp

Mail to {abuse,root,postmaster}@dion.ne.jp will find its way to a human, one
would assume, but it would be better to use http://babelfish.altavista.com
to translate into something they might better understand (and laugh at),
such as:

挨拶、 私は私のsshd の港22 を攻撃することを試みる210.196.76.205
から非常に多くの試みを受け取っている。あなたのネットワークからこの濫用を停止するために取得は歩む。 ありがとう。

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Annoying login attempts on ssh port
    ... Whois leaves me a bit in the dark about ... >> You could try emailing 210.196.76.205 to let them know that their machine ... Well I would first try looking them up on whois ... (That addess is owned by something called Rainbow Soft Corporation ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Annoying login attempts on ssh port
    ... Whois leaves me a bit in the dark about ... >>where to complain in the case shown below. ... > You could try emailing 210.196.76.205 to let them know that their machine ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Annoying login attempts on ssh port
    ... Whois leaves me a bit in the dark about where to complain in the ... >> You could try emailing 210.196.76.205 to let them know that their ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)