Re: iptables corrupt?

From: Kenneth (jjjkkklll_at_cox.net)
Date: 09/20/05

    Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:29:16 -0700

    On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:08:19 +0000, Robert Nichols wrote:

    > In article <pan.2005.09.20.09.17.40.792360@cox.net>,
    > Kenneth <jjjkkklll@cox.net> wrote:

    <snip>

    > It's undocumented, but iptables-restore actually _will_ accept and use
    > a filename argument. (iptables version 1.2.11)

    Ok, when making that reply, I just tried iptables-restore <filename> on
    whatever system I happened to be on. My apologies if it caused confusion.

    > The OP could have installed some firewall package that is loading its
    > rule set _after_ iptables is started in the boot sequence.

    Agreed.

    • Re: a question on format: what is "format(a)" stand for
      ... to simplfy things like character input to specify file names. ... We engineering types are a lazy lot... ... write'Enter filename for opening: ' ... apologies if I'm completely out in the ozone with this... ...
      (comp.lang.fortran)
    • Re: What is happening with this filehandle?
      ... "|" facilitate in this case? ... Apologies, but it was pointed out to me that an explanation can be ... I'm having trouble understanding the passage in the perldoc: ... "If the filename begins with '|', the filename is interpreted as a ...
      (perl.beginners)
    • Re: create multiple tables
      ... (My apologies if this shows up more than once, but I have yet to see this message show up) ... For some reason, this says that it can't find the text files. ... SELECT FileName FROM #FileList ... FETCH NEXT FROM FileList ...
    • Re: At wits end! LWP and IIS(?)
      ... Hi, apologies, the code I pasted is indeed wrong. ... But strangely enough, in the POST request headers, the field "upload" still ... shows $filename, instead of $fullpath, in other words, LWP stripped off the ...
      (comp.lang.perl.misc)