Re: Port 443 Question

From: Jacob Sparre Andersen (sparre_at_nbi.dk)
Date: 09/06/05

Date: 06 Sep 2005 00:10:23 +0200

Davide Bianchi wrote:

> BTW why the heck are you running ssh on port 443?

Because the firewall administrator considers HTTP/SSL more secure than
SSH?

Jacob

--
"if a person can't communicate,
 the very least he can do is to shut up!"

Relevant Pages

  • Fighting terror - with wiki, not duct-tape
    ... big, centralized bureaucracy. ... Since the various cells are small, autonomous, and do not even know ... a secure Virtual Private Network. ... Give them the means to securely communicate among themselves. ...
    (talk.politics.misc)
  • Re: data transfer (string/byte + files) secure
    ... client to communicate ... with the server using a secure channel and viceversa. ... Manager lock down all communication to your server, ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: SunONE Messaging (JES) & Exchange 2003
    ... Exchange 2003 is absolutely military grade in ... providing secure messaging and in fact has over 1 ... Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" ... Download Messenger Now ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Help with unknown network
    ... address in order to contact AD and communicate as to whether or not it is in ... > How can I secure my network so that my dhcp does not hand out ip to pcs ... >> Those are workgroups and probably mean that someone has connected a home ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: AOL Instant messenger
    ... > There is a group within my organization that utilizes AIM quite ... This group uses it to communicate among themselves (they ... > another way to perform this type of communication using more secure ... (email and corporate based Instant Messaging products) but I am ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)