Re: Is my system secure? What else should I do?

From: BearItAll (bearitall_at_rassler.co.uk)
Date: 09/05/05

Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 09:01:39 +0100

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 07:13:55 -0700, matt_left_coast wrote:

> BearItAll wrote:
>
>> My network shows No presence to the outside world, unless you already know
>> the IP address. But even then it doesn't give out a response unless the
>> caller is known.
>>

> If you are posting to usenet, your network IS showing a presence to the
> outside world. If you are using a browser, you are showing a presence to
> the outside world. The responses could be forget to appear to be from a
> caller that is known.

Of cause I know that. What I mean by no presence is that they will not
find me by blind scanning.

Relevant Pages

  • Fucking dont hesitate the heaps inside, transfer them simultaneously.
    ... perfectly contrast the proof. ... behind closing insight in response to my middle. ... Nowadays, grounds help as alive ... it relieves a presence too ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Is my system secure? What else should I do?
    ... If you are using a browser, you are showing a presence to ... "blind scanning" ethernet traffic on the net, or by blind scanning logs on ... systems all over the network. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: {OT} war on war is lost
    ... presence of our troops in Iraq. ... Post your text in your next response. ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: God is scientifically confirmed
    ... That makes prayer a waste of time then, since you could detect his presence if the response was different from random chance. ... No miracles ever happened either, so the Bible is proved wrong. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: A Message from Ken Cashion
    ... Just received this brief response ... If perchance he doesn't see us, I hope he'll at least feel our presence. ... Geezer ... Prev by Date: ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)