Re: how to restrict user from running some downloaded prgm?

From: ynotssor (ynotssor_at_example.net)
Date: 08/13/05

    Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 18:07:13 -0700

    "Guagua" <dingguagua@gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:1123892970.945702.243280@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

    > Well, for the reason part, here is a similar scenario. It's working
    > environment (in school). Some asian students work there. They have
    > incentive to download a different version of browser, since the shared
    > browser doesn't have their native language package. However, their
    > incentive isn't out of working or studying purpose, since now they
    > can view say Japanese website for fun and entertainment. That is the
    > reason why I would like to restrict them from installing their own
    > version browsers. Is it a valid reason?

    No; it's pointless, as they can install their own font sets and use those in
    the public browser.

    Besides, who the hell are you to restrict anyone from viewing web content in
    any language of which you don't approve?

    • Re: Having trouble with HyperText Transfer Protocol file type association
      ... after installing and uninstalling firefox. ... but also a box opening up asking me to locate my "link browser". ...
    • Re: PC help?
      ... installing Windows updates ... installs/updates your browser. ... I've been using IE7 with XP Service Pack 3 since it came out with no ... Steve Hawkins ...
      (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
    • Re: No video from WVX files
      ... installing windows media player 10 ... I am using an WP OS with nearly all updates and WMP 11. ... problems with either the broadband or dialup videos on IE6 or Firefox. ... However the videos do not work on the Seamonkey browser. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
    • Re: PC help?
      ... You cannot uninstall just your IE ... installing Windows updates ... installs/updates your browser. ... I've been using IE7 with XP Service Pack 3 since it came out with no ...
      (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
    • Re: Getting rid of residual adware/spyware elements
      ... > | On updating the browser, ... > | I will need to get their OK before installing. ... > with a HOSTS file ... > is invalid ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)