Re: Match packets with iptables. byte 67 and 68

From: Robert Nichols (SEE_SIGNATURE_at_localhost.localdomain.invalid)
Date: 08/06/05

    Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 23:03:52 +0000 (UTC)

    In article <1123253967.952520.217830@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
     <octane@alinto.com> wrote:
    :Hello,
    :
    :I want to use iptables to match some packets.
    :This is DNS MX queries.
    :
    :The packets seems to have 0x00 and 0x0F in bytes 67 and 68
    :
    :Is it possible to use iptables to match them?

    IIRC, http://www.netfilter.org has a match extension that can do
    that, but that extension requires patching and rebuilding both
    the kernel and the iptables support tools.

    --
    Bob Nichols         AT comcast.net I am "rnichols42"

    • Match packets with iptables. byte 67 and 68
      ... I want to use iptables to match some packets. ... This is DNS MX queries. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: DNS Manipulation via IPTables or other means?
      ... Not sure about iptables. ... I nwhat way is BIND not scalable -- ... I thought I could alter DNS responses ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Up zone resolving for DNS through IPTABLES security
      ... IPTABLES to provide a firewall, OS is Red Hat Linux 8, BIND 9.2.1. ... I have created a DNS server on this machine which works fine on the ... SYN,RST,ACK SYN -j ACCEPT ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Redirecting IP address
      ... Try usind round robin in dns and iptables ... this seems like it could be done with iptables or redirect. ... I have to relocate some servers to a 200 mile new location. ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: IPTables issues
      ... You has already sttoped the iptables rules to check if all works fine? ... My mail fails because the server cannot resolve host names ... > Here is a snip from my firewall ruleset concerning DNS. ...
      (RedHat)