Re: Explanation of Lokkit?

From: dmorgan1 (dmorgan-with-suffixed-"1"-ATdslextreme.com)
Date: 07/31/05

    Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 23:20:12 -0700

    On 23 Jul 2005 09:14:05 -0700, googlemike@hotpop.com wrote:

    I think that's a sensible question. I think that the usual lokkit
    arrangement has the user-defined chain as you show
    (RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT). But what your output does not show is that is
    also gives this user-defined chain as the target for the INPUT and
    FORWARD chains. I don't know why that's not the case on your machine.
    As shown, your RH-Lokkit... chain never has any effect I think, like
    dead code. Look for a little /usr/sbin/lokkit utility that gives you
    some control over lokkit. Anyway, making your own script of iptables
    commands is probably more flexible and precise. I like this one

    http://www.malibyte.net/iptables/scripts/fwscripts.html