Re: Scrypt - Linux crypting tool

From: Stachu 'Dozzie' K. (dozzie_at_dynamit.im.pwr.wroc.pl.nospam)
Date: 07/26/05

    Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:07:03 +0000 (UTC)

    On 26.07.2005, jeanphilippe.aumasson@gmail.com <jeanphilippe.aumasson@gmail.com> wrote:

    > Stachu 'Dozzie' K. a écrit :
    >
    >> > Uh...where did i tell that it was secure ?
    >>
    >> When you told that "it should be enough for non-expert user".
    >>

    > I'm right, a non-expert user will never try break this cipher.

    You're wrong. Someone might try to break this cipher used by non-expert
    user.

    > I can
    > write in Chinese to protect some text against a French, but not against
    > a Chinese.

    Do you have certainty that no French knows Chinese?

    > I'm sure your OS is not as secure as NSA's most secure
    > system, but do you need it ?

    Probably not, but firewall, patched daemons, good passwords policy and
    one time passwords are quite much as for simple desktop.

    > Ain't your OS secure enough for your use ?
    > (i hope...) And i'm sure your house is not as secure as the best
    > anti-atomic bunker...it depends of who your want to protect your data
    > from.

    Right, but some user can take your cipher and use it for storing his/her
    credit card number or something similarly valuable.

    --
    Feel free to correct my English
    Stanislaw Klekot

    • Re: Turning Japanese
      ... Ceasar Cipher? ... Have the Chinese ever had secret codes and ciphers? ... There are some standard phonetics for encoding words (particularly ... There is no pronunciation information in most ideograms. ...
      (sci.crypt)
    • Re: Turning Japanese
      ... Ceasar Cipher? ... Have the Chinese ever had secret codes and ciphers? ... to keep up with new symbol creation in order to make printed ... How many symbols does a typical 8-year-old native Chinese reader ...
      (sci.crypt)