Re: 2 linux viruses round on my system

From: Rincewind (rinso_at_unseen.edu)
Date: 07/18/05

Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:58:38 GMT

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:34:30 +0000, noi mumbled something like this:

> So who should use ClamAV on a Linux system?

Someone whose server handles mail for a network of incompetent Whinedoze
users... protect them from themselves!

--
Rinso
     /\

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Front End/Back End communication
    ... I believe we should further protect the FE Exchange Server: ... the FE is located on the internal network with typical full-stack access to ... There is no such thing as security perfection. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Where to put my multiple servers?????
    ... I have a network going in from scratch with the following. ... Win2003 SBS from e-mail, ... I am figuring that I should have the e-mail server behind the ... How will you protect the company ...
  • Re: Firewall needed behind router?
    ... >> outbound for any site for the entire network of machines. ... >> their right mind is going to use a PFW solution on a gateway machine. ... > proxy server on the gateway machine. ... >> to protect a company network, unless the admin has a mindset of G. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: 2 linux viruses round on my system
    ... > Someone whose server handles mail for a network of incompetent Whinedoze ... protect them from themselves! ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Restrict access based on IP Address?
    ... PS note that IPsec filters only protect that one computer and don't protect ... the entire network... ... > server based on the source computer's IP Address? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)