Re: spyware/malware and linux?

From: Bit Twister (BitTwister_at_mouse-potato.com)
Date: 07/01/05

Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 15:13:46 -0500

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 15:02:44 -0500, Protagoras wrote:

> Not
> really sure what to do; depressing how insecure credit card payment is--
> odds are it is a dishonest criminal employee at online merchants, or pehaps
> just an online cracker, getting access to credit card info to use for
> criminal activity with credit card info.

I hear that, one credit card company has a feature where you login and
create a new one time card number with just the amount you want to pay.
Cannot remember who has it.

My backup is I cannot get a credit card because I always paid with
cash and my job went off shore.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: spyware/malware and linux?
    ... > 3 digit code?? ... It is pretty common for online merchants to ask/require the 3 or 4 digit ... secuirty code that is on the back of a credit card for completing ... criminal activity with credit card info. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Form posting to other and sending email
    ... that is the way it usually is but this is a special secure provider. ... > forwards an email with the booking info and prompts to log in and retrieve ... > the credit card info. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: [PHP] keeping credit card info in session
    ... for users to be able to fill out a form which also has some credit card ... credit card info to the last page, I'm storing all the info in my session. ... Now, I did go and bought an SSL certificate, so the booking section of the ... I'm just wondering if this is secure enough. ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: Barcode Email
    ... >> designed for NSA quality attacks. ... > It's not even good enough to protect credit card info. ... This is not credit card quality info either. ... >> easily understood by the general public who sees barcodes every day of ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Barcode Email
    ... >> designed for NSA quality attacks. ... > It's not even good enough to protect credit card info. ... This is not credit card quality info either. ... >> easily understood by the general public who sees barcodes every day of ...
    (sci.crypt)