Re: Firewall software for Linux?

From: Bit Twister (BitTwister_at_mouse-potato.com)
Date: 07/01/05

Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 15:08:02 -0500

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 15:00:09 -0500, Protagoras wrote:
> I am looking for software firewall for Mandriva (Mandrake LInux) that will
> allow me to easily configure port forwarding to allow gaming on my LAN,
> etc.

I used the out of the box Mandriva firewall Shorewall.

Using webmin will let you use a gui interface to edit the files found
in /etc/shorewall if you use https:localhost:1000 in your browser
to connect to the webmin server.

Looking at http://www.shorewall.net/Documentation_Index.html there is
a link for Port Ranges in chapter 9.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Firewall software for Linux?
    ... > allow me to easily configure port forwarding to allow gaming on my LAN, ... > configure a software firewall to allow a range of ports (e.g Unreal ... There are several gui front-ends to iptables, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Printer sharing with 2 machines using CUPS and router?
    ... Thomas Maguin wrote: ... The Linksys router lets me do port forwarding but I don't know which computer ... We're not using a software firewall. ... does not use the 'standard' driver. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Firewall software for Linux?
    ... I am looking for software firewall for Mandriva that will ... allow me to easily configure port forwarding to allow gaming on my LAN, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: help : SSH & D3/NT
    ... some of the posts mentioned about to use a Linux box as the SSH server ... and do a port forwarding to the D3/NT. ... I'm using a Mandriva box as a firewall and sshd server, ...
    (comp.databases.pick)