FC4 root access via user account

From: Aaron Gray (ang-usenet_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/01/05

    Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 00:13:19 +0100

    Hi,

    I want to be able to have my normal user account access just like root and
    to be able to access files under /usr.

    I checked an option that I thought would do this but it does not work and I
    still have to do a 'su' to access files in /usr.

    Many thanks in advance,

    Aaron

    • Re: Users cannot login after changing file permissions
      ... To make a long story short, I wanted to access files from ... At first it wouldn't even login at all, had to do a boot -s, something ... Only root will login now. ... There may be some bit of magic that will restore the status quo ante in a matter of seconds but it's something only a wizard would know. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Re: Chroot bug
      ... outside the subtree rooted at the root directory. ... Which is behaviour chroot preserves properly. ... And yet it is the dot-dot entry which is used to access files outside ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: Preventing root from accessing files
      ... > wants to protect files against Sysadmin inspection. ... There are things you can try to make it more difficult for root to ... access files on the system; however, in all practicality, there's nothing ... If you can't trust your ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Help needed To connect W2K box To Linux
      ... Did you create your share as root or the actual user that has access? ... I am working from memory here, but I don't think samba can access files ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)