Re: Is google.com down, or...

From: Newsbox (dontspamme_at_thanks.invalid)
Date: 06/15/05

Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:53:55 -0400

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:06:23 -0400, Michael Heiming wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.security Newsbox <nospam_for_me_please@thanks.invalid>:

 [..]

> What did you do before google?

I can remember before google. But I can't imagine doing what I do now
without it.

> Anyway hope your fixed your firewall problems until now.

The box was disconnected early this morning. I'm more concerned with
being assured that the event was innocuous(1) and doesn't portend a future
security issue(2). Pending some additional examination I may elect to
wipe and rebuild with a more stable release. Beyond that, I'm sure I can
repair or replace the firewall. Thanks for the good wishes.

> From what I saw
> how google works, it's virtually impossible for it to go down...

It's been quite reliable for me, so you can imagine my surprise.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Rubber Soul and Revolver: if you had to combine and edit the two albums down into one 14 song di
    ... 'pancake titties', makes us vomit, and is glad that her husband was murdered ... Putting that aside, if you can't imagine anything worse, then I'll ... However, the google "gods" have ... Er, as I've said before, I don't do drugs. ...
    (rec.music.beatles)
  • Re: O modo petralha de administrar
    ... Por Lauro Jardim ... jornais e revistas, controlados na sua maioria por estrangeiros, ... Pensando bem, nao imagine nao. ... We have a new policy - Google 2012 ...
    (soc.culture.brazil)
  • Weve got problems with your name on them.
    ... At Google, we process the world's information and make it ... As you might imagine, ... superb design and implementation skills and expertise in ...
    (soc.culture.malaysia)
  • AD: Weve got problems with your name on them.
    ... At Google, we process the world's information and make it ... As you might imagine, ... superb design and implementation skills and expertise in ...
    (soc.culture.malaysia)
  • Re: Google stats - suspicious timing...
    ... why did you put the tracker code on the page? ... >amazing to see Google have this much credibility. ... >stats service) for awhile, I'm pretty sure that now Google will know ... I imagine they'll be comfortable with it. ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)