Re: Is google.com down, or...

From: Newsbox (dontspamme_at_thanks.invalid)
Date: 06/15/05

Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:53:55 -0400

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:06:23 -0400, Michael Heiming wrote:

> In comp.os.linux.security Newsbox <nospam_for_me_please@thanks.invalid>:

 [..]

> What did you do before google?

I can remember before google. But I can't imagine doing what I do now
without it.

> Anyway hope your fixed your firewall problems until now.

The box was disconnected early this morning. I'm more concerned with
being assured that the event was innocuous(1) and doesn't portend a future
security issue(2). Pending some additional examination I may elect to
wipe and rebuild with a more stable release. Beyond that, I'm sure I can
repair or replace the firewall. Thanks for the good wishes.

> From what I saw
> how google works, it's virtually impossible for it to go down...

It's been quite reliable for me, so you can imagine my surprise.