Re: Is google.com down, or...

From: Michael Heiming (michael+USENET_at_www.heiming.de)
Date: 06/15/05

    Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 00:51:26 +0200

    In comp.os.linux.security notbob <notbob@nothome.com>:
    > On 2005-06-14, Michael Heiming <michael+USENET@www.heiming.de> wrote:

    >> what I saw how google works, it's virtually impossible for it to
    >> go down...

    > Unfortunately, "virtually impossible" is not the same as absolutely
    > impossible. I've seen it down several times in the last year. And
    > when I say down, I mean unreachable, as in I can get any other
    > websites, but not google. Google is not infallible.

    Haven't seen this in ages while using it often, today it looks
    like the dns round robin over only two IPs, but we can guess
    there's far more behind it. Suspect the real problem at your ISP
    routing packets to the google server farm(s) or so.

    #bofh excuse 392: It's union rules. There's nothing we can do
    about it. Sorry.

    • Re: Google Groups and Gmail Accounts
      ... i think i'll start flagging gmail people to see who's actually ... I've heard 99% of all spam originates from half ... If google, with all there power and know how ... notbob. ...
      (rec.food.cooking)
    • Re: Is google sabotaging browsers?
      ... "Don't be Evil," who can you trust? ... Encoded string, according to Google, contains non-identifying ... Notbob, you can't trust Wikipedia, either. ... Supposedly, it's self-policing, because those who know the truth come along and make corrections. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: What kinds of business use Linux?
      ... On 04/21/2011 11:37 AM, notbob wrote: ... before you start trying to convince ppl yer gonna help them with ... linux. ... Google would ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Hard-disk model and manufacturer
      ... notbob wrote: ... The command: ... Plug the model number into google. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Shit on a Shingle
      ... if you try the same thing using the voice search ... I said "Fleischmann's Margarine" into the Google ... It apparently uses your 3G, 4G, or wi-fi to connect to speech recognition software on a Google server somewhere. ... I connect via the wi fi in the house and I can't think of anything that might interfere. ...
      (rec.food.cooking)