Re: dnsspoofing..

From: gamer (mid_at_gam.it)
Date: 06/02/05

    Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 09:36:56 GMT

    Newsbox wrote:

    > To OP :)
    >
    > Don't want to appear unnecessarily critical or unkind (or ignorant). I
    > sincerely wish I could fluently speak and write in Italian and other
    > classical languages, but I really only speak, read and write current
    > American English. If I am ignorant I do not wish to remain ignorant, and
    > that is the reason for this request.

    Ok sorry for my poor english/american i have tried to write in an
    intelligible language, evidently i was not successful.

    > And DNS issues appear to be
    > increasingly central in many recent network security considerations. And
    > I do want to understand your issues. If I understood, I might even have a
    > useful suggestion or two, which I would gladly share.

    This is the situation that cause my problems:
    I am in a lan with other 5-6 pc.
    We have linux as operative system.
    We installed dsniff because we are following a course of
    networking/security.
    Dsniff includes dnsspoof tool, now i don't know if this tool cause dns
    spoofing (as the name) or dns poisoning, but the problem is that if a pc
    is running with dnsspoof the other pc see the previously pc as dns
    server. Now i don't know how defend my pc from this situation, iptables
    permit to block a mac address but i don't want to block all mac address
    of the lan to prevent the problem....
    I hope i was more clear this time.

    > Thanks and best wishes.

    Thank you!

    • Re: Networking with PCs
      ... I can't take responsibility for your misconceptions with regards to my ... motive for advocating the Mac. ... I'm ignorant about lots of things. ... That said, I never lie, nor do I make up stuf to advocate the Mac. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
    • Re: PC vs Mac, a real world price comparison
      ... She will run Office, sync her bluetooth cell phone with Outlook, games for a 3 and 5 year old. ... $1279.00 ($1129.00 if she remembers the rebate) ... The three year warranty on the Mac is $169. ... There are a lot of ignorant zealots in here. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
    • Re: Damn Im Good!
      ... Snit wrote: ... Tough problem for anyone who is ignorant. ... It's the same for Mac OS X too. ... Ignorance of security is what leads to security issues. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
    • Re: external javascript not working
      ... Not restricted to a Mac. ... and batch file scripts that automate all kinds of things including ... just most Windows ... users are ignorant of anything beyond the GUI and most Mac folks I know ...
      (alt.html)