Re: VPN and Fedora server/Win client?

news_at_celticbear.com
Date: 04/20/05

Date: 20 Apr 2005 08:18:44 -0700

essteeaenn@worldbadminton.com wrote:
> In comp.os.linux.misc news@celticbear.com wrote:
> : I'm not even sure if what we want to do, VPN can allow. What I've
> : looked around at so far, has more confused me than anything.
>
> : We have an employee that will be moving to another city, and will
need
> : to be able to access files on a server here, but more than just
what
> : sFTP would allow. Will need to access files in multiple
directories,
> : and possibly another folder on another machine on the LAN.
>
> How about just using SSH- then the user can browse at will after
connecting?

Well, I thought of that, and teaching them how to use SCP, and sFTP,
but the user in question will need to copy files back and forth from
their machine, to and from not only the server they'll connect to, but
also to and from user shared folders on Windows machines within the
network.

Thanks for the reply!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: VPN and Fedora server/Win client?
    ... to be able to access files on a server here, ... Will need to access files in multiple ... Well, I thought of that, and teaching them how to use SCP, and sFTP, ... also to and from user shared folders on Windows machines within the ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Network problems after a new server installation (2003 SBS R2 SP2)
    ... happens if you access files in the shared folder. ... shared files) on the server, you will need to verify whether this is a ... newsgroups because of the nature of newsgroup support. ... Microsoft Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Workstations lose network connection
    ... workstations and all but one are running XP Pro. ... cannot reach the server we can still access the internet. ... ping by name, ... We can't access files or connect to shares, but I think I can ping by IP. ...
  • VPN and Fedora server/Win client?
    ... I'm not even sure if what we want to do, VPN can allow. ... Will need to access files in multiple directories, ... The client machine will be Windows, the connection will be going ... through a NAT/router forwarding the connection to Linux server X. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • VPN and Fedora server/Win client?
    ... I'm not even sure if what we want to do, VPN can allow. ... Will need to access files in multiple directories, ... The client machine will be Windows, the connection will be going ... through a NAT/router forwarding the connection to Linux server X. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)