Re: dangerous to leave root logged in?

From: Keith Keller (kkeller-usenet_at_wombat.san-francisco.ca.us)
Date: 03/29/05

Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 15:34:37 -0800

On 2005-03-28, hans_schulze98@yahoo.de <hans_schulze98@yahoo.de> wrote:

> The question is not whether to run things root or not. The question is
> if you can leave them sitting logged on as root when idle.

The answer is still the same: you can, but I wouldn't.

I think we're still lacking in specifics: what exactly is it that you
need to do that you want to have root logged in constantly? Perhaps if
you gave details, people would either back off or give you other
alternatives you maybe haven't thought of. But so far you've given no
compelling reason (for me, anyway) to leave root logged in.

--keith

(try just my userid to email me)