Re: Slightly OT: encryption

From: Brion Vibber (
Date: 03/11/05

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 02:30:28 -0800

Colin McKinnon wrote:
> If I put it in a secure cookie or a cookie with an obfusticated path it
> wouldn't get sent back, but the browser can't read it either!
> Is there anywhere I can store a value using javascript which is readable by
> javascript but not normally sent back to the server?

If you're willing to put up with a frameset, you could keep data in a
variable in another frame that stays open. It could be a bit fragile,

Unless this is a hobby project, I suspect you're better off just using
https. If this is a hobby project, being better off isn't the point. :)

-- brion vibber (brion @