Re: TCP connection refused

From: mjt (mjtobler_at_removethis_mail.ru)
Date: 02/26/05

Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 19:02:01 -0600

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 00:49:07 -0000
"Bonj" <a@b.com> wrote:

> It's just my own TCP programs that always seem to refuse to connect. It's
> always "Connection refused". I'm stumped as to what I can do, because the
> programs work fine when connecting to localhost / 127.0.0.1 - just not to
> each other.
>
> Any ideas?

... first - do NOT cross-post to so many groups. narrow
the included newsgroups to one's that match your subject
matter.

second - find a good book on TCP/IP network programming.
arguably, the best are the TCP/IP & "Networking" series
from Addison-Wesley ... then check your code against
the expertise provided by the authors.

--
<<   http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com/   >>
"Consequences, Schmonsequences, as long as I'm rich."

Relevant Pages

  • Re: TCP connection refused
    ... "Bonj" wrote: ... first - do NOT cross-post to so many groups. ... the included newsgroups to one's that match your subject ... second - find a good book on TCP/IP network programming. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: TCP connection refused
    ... "Bonj" wrote: ... first - do NOT cross-post to so many groups. ... the included newsgroups to one's that match your subject ... second - find a good book on TCP/IP network programming. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)